- Gain acceptance of the term ‘probiotic’ throughout Europe as a defined category
- Create a favorable environment for probiotics in Europe, enabling the industry to make relevant claims
Objectives and activities
IPA Europe is active on all of the following aspects, in order to help foster a favorable environment for probiotics and create a positive outcome, in the short and long term, for all involved parties.
- Establish probiotic standards and voluntary guidelines to define conditions of use of the term probiotic
- Establish a harmonized legal status for probiotics in the EU, framing the communication on probiotics towards consumers
- Participate actively in the EFSA consultation process, in order to ensure an appropriate environment for the establishment of probiotic health claims
- Engage dialogue with all relevant stakeholders to increase awareness and knowledge of probiotic foods